Friday 25 November 2011

8 Awesome Technology Tools

1. MOODLE: Open-Source Community-Based Tools for Learning
Rating: 5/5
Moodle is a platform that allows more interaction between teachers and students. Before I took this course, I thought MOODLE just a website to submit my homework. I was so wrong. By using the MOODLE, I can keep track of my assignments. I can easily review my grades. I can even chat with my professor and classmates. AWESOME!


2. Firefox: Made to Make the Web a Better Place
Rating: 5/5
It’s a free website! You can use different templates to display the website. It even has spell checking, live bookmarking, private browsing. You never know how amazing it is until you start to explore! Even more awesomeness!


3. Google apps: More Than You Thought!
Rating: 5/5
Google apps include: Gmail, Google Groups, Google Calendar, Talk, Docs and Sites. Again, it’s free! It offers the same amount of storage as regular Gmail accounts. Now, I can store all my assignment in the Google apps and don’t worry I will lose any of them.


4. Wix: Free Website Builder
Rating: 5/5
With wix.com, you can create your own free flash website. It offers tons of templates that you can edit, create your own stunning flash website. Creating your own website in a second! That’s Wix.com! 


5. Voicethread: Group Conversation with Image, Document and More!
Rating: 5/5
VoiceThread is a collaborative, multimedia slide show that holds images, documents, and videos and allows people to navigate slides and leave comments. It is so cool that you can create a video with your own document and share with your friends and students from anywhere in the world.



6. iMovie: Create Your Own Movie
Rating: 5/5
I just became a Mac user recently. And I love iMovie. It allows you create and edit your own movie. I am now a producer of my own. iMovie allows you to incorporate sounds, pictures and videos easily. It is terrific!



7. LiveBinder: Online Binder
Rating: 5/5
How to organize your own stuff? If you still have no idea, try out LiveBinder. It allows you to gather and organize your knowledge, whether it's a website links or files.  You can even install the bookmarking tool in your browser tool bar. Next time if you want to save the website, just by clicking the tab and it’s yours. How easy it is!



8. Glogster: Create Online Poster in 90 Seconds
Rating: 5/5
Again, it’s free! With Glogster.com, you can make your own interactive poster online just in 90 seconds. You can also mix with images, graphs, photos and videos into your poster. Be creative! And don't forget to share with your friends! it is fantastic!

No comments:

Post a Comment